FLEET FEET's Momentum 10K Training Program
Dates: August 21 - October 27
Training Location: Frontier Park
Graduation Race: Gumbo Flats Pumpkin Run
FLEET FEET’s Momentum 10K training program keeps you moving towards your training goals and is perfect for the 5K runner and half marathon hopeful. This intermediate 10K program is geared towards runners who want to improve their overall distance and race times. It incorporates four run days, longer endurance runs, hill workouts, strength/core training and injury prevention techniques to get you the goal race, the Gumbo Flats Pumpkin Run om October 27th. FLEET FEET and our dedicated coaches will help you every step of the way with coached group workouts and tons of motivation. The suggested activity level prior to program start is running 2-3 times per week for 2-3 miles per workout.
Program capacity: 60 participants
Program participants receive:
- A professionally designed 10-week training program
- Coached group runs on Tuesday evenings at 6pm and Saturday mornings at 7am
- Optional group runs in partnership with the FLEET FEET Sunset Social runs.
- Weekly communications and support from our coaching staff
- Training information clinics on topics such as injury prevention, nutrition, how to dress in the ever-changing St. Louis weather, and cross-training
- Affiliation with FLEET FEET’s community partners; health professionals and service providers who offer benefits to all team members
- Race day support and post-party
- Discounts at FLEET FEET Sports during the training period
- A Nike technical training shirt
- Tons of support and encouragement from your teammates
Fall 2012 Program Details
- What’s the pace requirement to participate in the Momentum 10K program? The Momentum 10K program is an intermediate program with a pace requirement of a 12:30min/mile. Coached runs will feature both run and run/walk groups. There will be NO WALK groups. The suggested activity level prior to program start is running 2-3 times per week for 2-3 miles per workout.
- When does the program begin? The Momentum program kicks off with a formal orientation meeting on Sunday, August 19th to receive program materials, meet the coaches, ask questions, get prepared for the first group run. First class meeting is Tuesday, August 21st and runs through race day, October 27th.
- When are the class meetings? Tuesday evenings at 6:00pm and Saturday mornings at 7:00am
- Where will the classes be held? We will meet at the Boathouse parking lot behind Frontier Park and run a variety of routes.
- How long is a typical class? Each group will establish its own pace, but classes will be completed between 60-90 minutes, including general announcements, training topic presentation, warm-up/cool-down, and the training run.
- Who will coach the program? Experienced runners who want to help you succeed! Each coach has been selected for their love of the sport and willingness and dedication to helping others reach their goals!
- What and when is the goal race? The goal race is the Gumbo Flats Pumpkin Run on October 27th.
- What is the cost of the program and what do I receive for the registration fee? The 10 week program is $125 and includes your coached runs, training tips, seminars, technical shirt and other program perks. Race registration is not included in the program fee.
- How can I get more information? Please contact Kristen Waddell at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 636-734-0719.
- When and how do I register? Registration is available online only. Registration closes August 13th or at 60 participants. There will be NO REGISTRATION at the formal kick off meeting.
- What do I need to provide before the first day? Each Momentum participant must provide the following documentation by the first day of the program in order to participate:
- Medical History Form
- Medical Clearance (if needed)
- Participation and Assumption of Risk
These forms are used to assist with providing a safe, effective program for everyone involved and your information will be held in strict confidence. Please review each form and fill out to the best of your ability. Shortly after you have registered for the program, you will receive a welcome confirmation email and these forms will be linked in the message. Registration is updated every 5-7 days and notices will be sent at that time.