Despite being “short” from a distance runner’s standpoint, the 10k is a difficult race distance to master. The 10k is a blend of speed and endurance that necessitates running only a few ticks slower than 5k pace, yet for double the distance. Our 10k Fast program is designed to prepare advanced competitors for the exact physiological challenges of the 6.2-mile distance, teach the body and mind how to push through the tough parts of a race, and perfect a pacing strategy that pushes the limits.
Our 10k Fast Program is for experienced runners who have made the transition from completing to competing and who have been following a structured training program for at least two years.
By participating in our 10k Fast program, you will...
- Master the 10k. Using some basic strategies, you may find yourself finishing faster and feeling more confident when you toe the line.
- Become a well-rounded runner. Work not only your speed, but focus on your endurance.
- Be led by Experienced, Professional Head Coaching. With over 20 years of experience in sports performance, our degreed and credentialed coaches have led 80% of fast program participants to a Personal Record (PR) in a variety of distances.
When you join our 10k Fast Program, you will...
- join us for a Club meeting, Saturday, January 19th, 7:30am, at the Forest Park Visitor Center.
- travel to the best St. Louis paths, Saturday mornings, 7:30am.
- perform track workouts, Tuesday evenings, 6:30pm, at Parkway Northeast Middle School.
- complete pace/tempo runs, Sunday mornings, 7:00am at Forest Park Visitor Center.
Fleet Feet Running Club 10k Membership Cost: $140
Your 10k Membership will run January 19th through April 30th and will include:
- Fleet Feet Running Club gear.
- 35% savings on Fleet Feet Group Classes.
- 35% savings on Fleet Feet Assessments, including VO2 Assessment, Caloric Expenditure and Functional Movement Screenings.
- 20% savings on Fleet Feet's Massage Services.
- 5% savings while you Shop With Us at Fleet Feet St. Louis.
- A professionally designed, 12-week training program, including daily workouts.
- 3 weekly coached group workouts.
- Weekly communications and support from our dedicated coaching staff.
- Seminars and clinics on topics such as injury prevention, nutrition, how to dress in the ever-changing St. Louis weather, and cross-training.
- Affiliation with our extensive team of community partners, health professionals, and service providers who offer benefits to all 10k Training Program members.
- Unparalleled motivation and the camaraderie of fellow participants with the same training goal!
- Race day support and post-party.