Come out and run a beautiful trail on Historical Mining Property just south of Saint Louis. The Leadbelt course at St. Joe State Park is a unique trail that is open all year with little traffic on it and then prepped and buffed for a race weekend each July. You will run through a mix of beautiful Missouri hardwood forest, Pines, Creek Crossings, Open Savanna and yes you run through the culvert. The Park has other amenities for the you and the family to take advantage of while there. There is a swimming lake near the race start, picnic ares, a 12 mile asphalt bike path and the Leadbelt course will be open all day for more running or mountain biking.
Register for both Run the Leadbelt 5K/12K (7/15) and Leadbelt XC Marathon Class (7/16) for a chance to win the Miner Tough Growler! Top Male and Female each get Miner Tough Award.
Click here for more information on Run the Leadbelt 12K!
- Date | Sunday, July 16th, 2017
- Start Time
- 9:00am | Marathon
- 10:30am | All other Adult and JR classes
- Location | Pim Day Use Area | St. Joe State Park, 2800 Pimville Road Park Hills Missouir 63601
- Cat 1 | 3 laps
- Cat 2 | 2 laps
- Cat 3/JR | 1 lap
- Marathon | 3 Hours
- Under 10 | 1 or 2 laps
- 10-14 yrs old | 2 or 3 laps
- Swag | Register by 7/3 to guarantee a short sleeve tech shirts with registration | Adult S-2XL
- Registration Fees
- $30 | Cat 1 | until 7/14
- $25 | Cat 2 & 3, Marathon | until 7/14
- $35 | Cat 1 | Race Day
- $30 | Cat 2 & 3, Marathon | Race Day
- Free | All Cat 3 Women, Juniors, & Kids
- Riders competing in Cat 1 must have a current USAC license. All others, a license is optional, however without it there is a one day $10 charge.
- Registration form
- Packet Pickup and Late Registration
- 7/16 | 7:00am | Race Site
- Course | Course Map. The trail is made of Missouri hardwood forest, pine sections, creek crossings, fast open savannah and even a culvert to ride through. It is a good summer course with shade in the woods, some faster stuff in the open and maybe a splash or two if there is water in the creeks. Course length is a bit under 8 miles.
- Awards | Awards to top 3 in posted class. Cat 1 - Cash payout for combined overall results. Cat 1 Expert races must have a current annual USAC license.