5k races have become the most popular road racing distance because they offer something for everyone. Completing the 3.1-mile distance is a great goal for novice runners and covering it with sustained speed is a challenge for more advanced runners. Fleet Feet Running Club offers two 5K Training programs. Our 5k Finish program (formerly, No Boundaries) is designed for the true beginner and our 5k Fast is intended for the runner who has transitioned from completer to competer.
Why join our 5k programs?
- PROVEN: We've helped thousands of athletes complete their first or fastest 5k. Our post-program survers typically report that 100% of participants improved their fitness level, more than 90% achieved their personal goals, and - on average - they awarded the program 4-1/2 out of 5 stars.
- PROFESSIONAL: Our degreed and credentialed head coaches have decades of experience in professional performance coaching.
- SAFE: We take pride in helping participants gradually and safely improve their fitness levels. Our mission is to help team members move more comfortably and perform better at every athletic stage of their training journey.
- CAMARADERIE: Group training is like having a personal fitness support group. Our support group meets twice weekly.
- FUN: Our terrific team of mentors ensures that fun and fitness co-exist in our 5k programs.
- EXTRAS: Participants receive in-store discounts at Fleet Feet, a graduation celebration, and more!
The 5k Finish program is a learn to walk, run/walk or run program designed for the true beginner. During this 10-week program, participants are surrounded by a team of dedicated, motivated people all working toward the goal of becoming healthy and strong. By the time they cross the finish line of their goal 5k race, team members will have learned the importance of proper form, stretching, hydration, and nutrition - all the tools needed to maintain their new fitness routine.
Our 5k Fast program is for experienced runners who have made the transition from completing to competing and who have been following a structured training program for at least one year. Training initiatives include stride efficiency, 5k-specific "fast-twitch" endurance, aerobic endurance, versatile race pace efficiency, and post-run recovery and injury prevention.
"This group truly has 'No Boundaries'. There is no pressure or shaming. The amazing coaches definitely provide motivation and support to help you reach your individual goals. I feel blessed to have found this group and am looking forward to the next session. Without the coaches, this truly wouldn't be the same. Everyone is so welcoming and encouraging. Thank you!" – Kristen G.
"This has been the best experience. Such a great group. Thank you so much to the great coaches who volunteered their time for us. Fleet Feet No Boundaries coaches are the best!" – Liz B.
"It was the group runs where I learned the most. It was there, running with Barb and Brandi in front of me or next to me that I learned how not to quit, how to push myself a little harder, and how to take it a little easier. I was inspired by all of the people dedicated to improving their lives. Thanks to both of you, and to all of the other coaches, and to all of the other runners and run/walkers and walkers for making this such a positive experience for me. I appreciate it more than any of you might ever know." – Ethan S.
"Prior to No Boundaries, I was the poster child for how to NOT run. Now, with the coaching help of Brandi and Barb I know proper gear and clothing are not only important for comfort, but it helps prevent injuries. Your teaching skills and coaching have helped me immensely. It changed me from someone who only wanted to run to get in shape to someone who runs for the joy of the sport. To top it off, I lost 27lbs in 10 weeks since our No Boundaries program began." – Kevin M.
"This was my first Fleet Feet group training. I loved it and am going to continue. The No Boundaries coaches were awesome!! I had no idea how much more fun running would be when combined with other fun crazies who like to run and socialize afterwards. Oh, and having someone cheering me on at the finish line: Priceless!" – Julie M.
"Great coaches! They helped with race day motivation the whole 10 weeks. They seemed to care about everyone’s goals and needs." – Ashley C.
"I went above and beyond my wildest dreams in No Boundaries. Thanks for a life-changing program." – Cheryl W.
"Through the amazing guidance and support of our coaches, we all successfully completed the first of many 5ks." – Kelly B.
"This is a program that works...for everybody." – Kevin C.