Red, white, and boom! Bust out your patriotic garb and celebrate America's favorite summer holiday at the inaugural America’s Birthday 5K! This new family-friendly event starts and finishes at the newly renovated Kiener Plaza and it's booming with participant perks:
- gender-specific dri-fit shirts!
- custom finisher medals!
- a post-race party with food, drinks, and a DJ playing your favorite patriotic hits!
- a VIP view of America's largest 4th of July parade!
- a short walk to Fair St. Louis, America's biggest birthday party, which will be held on the newly renovated Arch grounds!
- access to July 3rd's ParadeTown pre-event party and fireworks at Kiener Plaza!
Can't join us on race day? Sign up as a virtual runner and receive all the same swag as race day runners, and complete the distance on your own! Learn more about the virtual runner option below.
Date | Wednesday, July 4th, 2018
Location | Kiener Plaza Park, 500 Chestnut St, St. Louis, MO 63101
- 6:30am | Race day registration/Packet pickup open
- 7:30am | 5K Run/Walk begins
- 8:15am | Overall winners announced and awards table opens
- 9:30am | America's Birthday Parade begins
- 12:00pm | Fair St. Louis opens
Participants who register through June 20th will be guaranteed an ultra-light, gender-specific wicking polyester running tee perfect for summer running. Available sizes: XS-2XL. Sizing Chart
| Click here
- $30 | through 5/25
- $35 | 5/26 - 6/20*
- $40 | 6/21 - 7/3
- $45 | race day
- Shirt guarantee deadline is 6/20
Virtual Runner | Can't join us on race day? Sign up as a virtual runner and receive all the same swag as race day runners, then complete the distance on your own - no matter where you are! Everyone loves gorging on barbecue and beer in the name of patriotism, the virtual run option is a great way to enjoy those treats guilt-free by tackling the challenge beforehand.
- Click here to register as a virtual runner
- $30 | through 6/20
- $35 | 6/21-7/4
- If you can not make packet pickup on 7/3 and you want your packet mailed to you, please choose the mailing option when registering as a virtual runner. Packets will be mailed the week of the event if you are unable to pick up at packet pickup.
Packet Pick-up & Late Registration
- 7/3 | TBD
- 7/4 | 6:30am | Kiener Plaza Park
- Unless you are a virtual runner, we do not guarantee shirts, medals, and packets will be available after the event.
Finisher Medals & Awards
- Awards will be presented to the top male/female overall finishers and the top male/female in the following age groups: 15 & under, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-60, 70+
- All finishers will receive custom America's Birthday finisher medals when they cross the finish line.
| Interested in volunteering for the event? Volunteers will receive an event shirt and gift card to Fleet Feet St. Louis. Email Jules
(email@example.com) for more information.
- 2018 | will be posted after the race
- If you have any questions about the race results, please click here.
Refund and Transfer Policy
- No refunds within 14 days of an event. No make-up date if the event is canceled due to weather. Entries are not transferable to another event but can be transferred to another participant.
- Dogs are not allowed to participate in the 5K run/walk
- Strollers are welcome, we just ask that you start towards the back of the field
Partner Charities | Portion of the event proceeds will be donated to the following charities.
- Take the Reins | Founded in 2016 in St. Louis, saw a need in our community to help support over 19K area veterans, and over 1600 children in foster care system through EAAT, Equine-Assisted Activities, and Therapies. On average, 23 veterans commit suicide each day, while many others suffer from mental health challenges stemming from trauma. TTRSTL, provides veterans the opportunity to continue their leadership services, through an experiential learning approach that promotes the development of life skills for educational, professional and personal goals through equine-assisted activities. These activities focus on building a relationship between the client and horse through groundwork exercises including grooming, leading, and "join-up". Learn more about TTRSTL and how you can get involved here.