Applications have been closed for the 2019 America's Birthday 5K event.
Part of being a race ambassador is not only to represent this fabulous race but to also give us input and spread the word throughout our city about this one-of-a-kind holiday race. As an ambassador, you will help spread the word about the event in your communities, through your social media platforms, and with local running groups. You get out of this ambassador program, what you put into it, so please be sure you have some time and energy to commit to being an ambassador before you click ‘submit’ to say that you accept the offer of being a race ambassador!
America’s Birthday 5K
Thursday, July 4th, 2019
Downtown STL @ Solider Memorial Park
Start Time: 7:30am
Partnering Charities: USO of Missouri
What We Are Looking For
We want our 2019 AB5K ambassadors to be enthusiastic about our July 4th race, have a strong social media presence and following whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. We are looking for good communication skills, connections to the St. Louis running/sports community (running clubs, gym member, running stores – anywhere you can promote the race), and lastly, a commitment to our race!
If this sounds like you, continue below for perks and responsibilities.
- Complimentary race entry into AB5K
- Fleet Feet gift card
- Pair of custom Brooks Running Crew Socks
- Your bio and photo on the Facebook event page and Instagram story
- Unique discount code to share with your friends, family, and followers
- Extra swag/VIP tickets to use to promote race and encourage registration
- Entrance into VIP Parade Viewing Area for you and 1 guests - Includes catered food and draft beer from Six Mile Bridge
- Additional gift cards/prizes rewarded based on the number of registrants that use your unique promo code
- The ambassador with the highest registrants to use their code will receive the grand prize! Grand prize includes a pair of running shoes and more.
- RSVP “Attending” to the America’s Birthday 5K Facebook event
- Include “America’s Birthday 5K Ambassador” in at least one social media bio
- 1-3 posts a week on your social media platforms to help market/promote the event
- Posts about price increase, swag reveal, finisher medal sneak peaks, and more!
- Graphics will be provided to you to use on your social media platforms to help market the event to your community
- Actively use and promote the event hashtags
- Contribute to social media event page to help answer questions and respond to comments
- Be present for a determined amount of time at packet pick-up or volunteer on race day before or after race
- Have a positive presence at the event and create a fun environment for all those around you
- April 1st – 14th | Applications Accepted
- April 19th | Race Ambassadors notified
- April 22nd | Race Ambassadors announced