Online Registration 2018 Event Photos
Red, white, and boom! Bust out your patriotic garb and celebrate America's favorite summer holiday at the 2nd Annual America’s Birthday 5K! This family-friendly event starts and finishes at the newly-renovated Soldiers Memorial and it's booming with participant perks:
- Pick your swag! Choose between gender-specific dri-fit singlets or custom Brooks Running Crew Socks (or both)
- Finisher medals
- Post-race beer provided by Six Mile Bridge Beer
- Personal finisher pie
- Post-race with vendors and DJ playing your favorite patriotic hits
- FREE Kids 1K Run (registration required)
- Benefiting the USO of Missouri
- A VIP view of America's largest 4th of July parade
- A short walk to Fair St. Louis, America's biggest birthday party, which will be held on the newly renovated Arch grounds
- Access to July 3rd's ParadeTown Kick-off party and fireworks at Kiener Plaza
Can't join us on race day? Sign up as a virtual runner and receive all the same swag as race day runners, and complete the distance on your own! Learn more about the virtual runner option below.
Date | Thursday, July 4th, 2019
Location | Soldiers Memorial, 1315 Chestnut St, St. Louis, MO 63101
- 6:30 am | Race day registration/Packet pickup open
- 7:30 am | 5K Run/Walk begins
- 8:15 am | Overall winners announced and awards table opens
- 8:35 am | 1K Kids Race
- 9:30 am | America's Birthday Parade begins
- 12:00 pm | Fair St. Louis opens
Packet Pick-up & Late Registration
- 6/29 | TBD
- 7/3 | TBD
- 7/4 | 6:30 am | Soldiers Memorial
- Unless you are a virtual runner, we do not guarantee shirts, medals, and packets will be available after the event.
Swag | Participants will have a pick your swag option this year! Choose between an ultra-light, gender-specific dri-fit singlet perfect for summer running or a pair of custom Brooks Running Crew Socks that are as patriotic as you can get. Register by 5/31 to be guaranteed your swag.
Brooks Running Crew Socks | This midweight sock by Brooks Running features Dri-Layer yarn for quick-drying, designed to prevent slipping, targeted arch compression, and smooth toe seams to reduce irritation and provide the perfect fit. Socks available in sizes S-L. Participants can choose to purchase additional socks for $15 each ($18 value). Click here for sizing chart.
Gender-Specific Dri-Fit Singlet | This fully customized singlet features 100% poly performance material and print. The sublimation process allows the ink to become part of the fabric, leaving you with a more breathable, lightweight, and smooth to the skin feel. Your moisture wicking singlet will never crack, peel, or fade! Sizes available: Women XS-2XL, Men S-2XL. Click here for sizing chart.
| Click here
- 5K Run/Walk
- $30 | through 5/5
- $35 | 5/6 - 5/31*
- $40 | 6/1 - 7/3
- $45 | race day
- Swag guarantee deadline is 5/31
- 1K Kids Run
- FREE | Registration required
Virtual Runner | Can't join us on race day? Sign up as a virtual runner and receive all the same swag as race day runners, then complete the distance on your own - no matter where you are! Everyone loves gorging on barbecue and beer in the name of patriotism! The virtual run option is a great way to enjoy those treats guilt-free by tackling the challenge beforehand.
- Click here to register as a virtual runner
- $30 | through 5/31
- $35 | 6/1-7/4
- If you can not make packet pickup on 7/3 and you want your packet mailed to you, please choose the mailing option when registering as a virtual runner. Packets will be mailed the week of the event if you are unable to pick up at packet pickup.
Finisher Medals & Awards
- Awards will be presented to the top three male/female overall finishers and the top three male/female in the following age groups: 15 & under, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-60, 70+
- All finishers will receive custom America's Birthday finisher medals when they cross the finish line.
Volunteers | Interested in volunteering for America's Birthday 5K? All volunteers will receive a dri-fit singlet or pair of socks and a gift card to Fleet Feet, along with refreshments and lots of thanks and praise! Have a group interested? Contact Jules (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and details.
Sponsors | Your partnership dollars will provide you with increased corporate and brand visibility while making a direct and meaningful impact in the lives of many in the St. Louis and surrounding areas. By sponsoring America's Birthday 5K Run/Walk, you receive many benefits (commensurate with sponsor level) including but not limited to: inclusion on the webpage on ffstl.com, print media advertising, marketing upon our social media platforms, complementary entries, promotional material in Fleet Feet stores and customer bags, and more! For more information email Jules (email@example.com) or view the sponsorship packet.
- 2019 | will be posted after the race
- 2018 | Results, Awards
- If you have any questions about the race results, please click here.
Refund and Transfer Policy
- No refunds within 14 days of an event. No make-up date if the event is canceled due to weather. Entries are not transferable to another event but can be transferred to another participant.
- Dogs are not allowed to participate in the 5K run/walk
- Strollers are welcome, we just ask that you start towards the back of the field
Partner Charities | A portion of the event proceeds will be donated to the following charities.
The USO strengthens America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country, throughout their service to the nation.
Parking | Due to the 5K course & parade route, additional roads and intersections will be closed. Please plan to arrive early and leave plenty of time for parking and walking to the venue.
- Meter parking is available downtown and free due to the holiday, however, the police will be strictly enforcing the special NO PARKING permits on and around the 5K course, parade route, and parade assembly and dispersal areas. Vehicles left in these areas are likely to be towed. If you do choose to park at downtown meters, please review the following maps to make sure you are not parking in temporary tow zones.
5K Course Parade Route Street Closure Map
- If arriving before 6:30am, we recommend parking in one of the garages close to the Enterprise Center; access will be from Clark St. We suggest coming from 14th St. to Clark St and go left to enter Union Station Parking or Kiel Center Garage, or right to enter City Hall Parking. Union Station parking are open 24 hours and the others open at 6am. All are self-park and accept cash/credit cards.
Union Station Kiel Center Garage City Hall Lot
- If arriving later, we suggest parking at Stadium West Parking Garage. You will be able to exit the garage via 9th St. to Clark St. after the run. The garage is open 24 hours, self-park and accepts cash/credit cards.
Stadium West Parking Garage
America's Birthday 5K Ambassador | Part of being a race ambassador is not only to represent this fabulous race but to also give us input and spread the word throughout our city about this one-of-a-kind holiday race. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are a presence in the running community and have a strong social media following. Applications have been closed for the 2019 event.
Special Thank You To:
Join us the evening of July 3rd for the ParadeTown Kick-off Party for America's Biggest Birthday Party!